Friday, November 05, 2004

Imani on Neurology

My friend Imani rocks. Here is her theory about the evolution of the brain (edited by yours truly):

The human brain is probably the most studied organ in the body. Not only do scientists study what it can do but how it go to this point, they ask if it will get any bigger. I also have these same questions, but I have my own theories about why it expanded and whether it will get any bigger. Maybe it got bigger due to evolution or the body knew it needed more knowledge. In this essay, I plan to express to you my theories on the past and future of the brain.

I unfortunately have only two short theories on why the brain expanded. My first theory is that maybe the brain got bigger due to evolution; maybe it was just its time to do so. My other theory is that the brain is so advanced and complex that it knew it needed more knowledge to survive, the same way the brain knows to knock you out when you hold your breath, so it can survive. It may be a stupid theory, but does make sense, right?

My first theory on the future of human brain size is that the human brain is expanding. It is called cancer. Although people die, the cells are reproducing at an abnormal rate, more than they do in average humans. The brain is still expanding and chemotherapy is holding it back. So I believe that brain cancer is an example of the expanding brain. Now you may wonder, "What is she talking about?," so I have developed another theory that will support this theory. And I have a quote from Einstein :)

The great genius Einstein said that we only use 10% of our brains. And that with the right amount of brain power, we wouldn't need our bodies. So maybe, just maybe, these brain cancer victims aren't dying. Their brains have grown to the point where they don't need their bodies anymore. So when they leave their bodies, we think it is death, but they are actually just using their extra brain tissue. I know you probably think I'm crazy, but just think about it. Maybe cancer is just extremely fast evolution! Don't you think the Neanderthals looked at the Cro-Magnons weird with their big heads? Yes! So just think about it and it will start to make sense.


I hope that through this essay you know my theories. I don't expect you to understand, because you only use 10% of your brain, but just hear me out! Thank you for you time.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell did that other message say? this the one and only Imani thanking u for ur response although i understood very little of it. If u think I rock, Zak cements!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts, United States

Find me on Facebook.

Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com