Sunday, March 20, 2005

My Aunt Can't Spell "Potato!"

What has become of us? My family got an email from my aunt today about dinner at her house:

"Can you make a LARGE fruit salad for 16 people
Potatoe or Pasta dish for
16
Vegetable dish for 16

Thanks sweetie."

I was flabbergasted until I figured out why: her husband is a Republican. Yes, one of those elephantine rich dudes.

He's an economist. Apparently, one of the best in the world. And he's so smart, but kind of testy sometimes. If you say something he doesn't agree with he will rebut you so swiftly and so skillfuly that you are left holding you bloody argument in your hand.

But back to tubers: you'd think my aunt (really nice, she's a great person) would have learned a lesson from Mister Quayle and his famous incidident. This shows you how disorganized our family is. I think that every year we should round up all our relatives and have a meeting in which we debriefe them on issues like these to prevent anymore shameful mixups. This isn't going anywhere, so... Bye for now.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember learning that story and not getting it because i couldn't spell "potato."
I gotta talk to you. try to be online or somthin.

This dana, by the way. Smoches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts, United States

Find me on Facebook.

Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com