Saturday, March 19, 2005

Rant About the City Science Fair

Today was the city science fair. I got to go because I did well in my school-wide. The judges were cool and nice and met the whole geek contingent from Wilson Hight. This one dude was kind of cool but he was a math fiend and he had a unibrow. I tied for first place out of the three people in the computer science category. Then the next round of judges came and tried to figure out my project. They didn't seem to understand a single word I said, and this bitchy blond lady started leaning her filthy elbow on my pristine case. They were fidgeting like little kids and looking at the floor and at me like I was stupid and boring. But everyone else had the same problems with them, so it's probably not a bad sign competition-wise. Tomorrow, I find out if I placed (I'd go to the next round in Arizona) or got an award from a special judge from an independent organization like the CIA, who seemed to like my project. I bet they're gonna go and cross-examine me from their scary looking building downtown. But I should be nice to them because apparently those corporations are coughing up $20,000 of prizes tomorrow.
- Show quoted text -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts, United States

Find me on Facebook.

Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com